Providing Care to the Community
The Heritage Health Center (HHC) mission is to provide affordable healthcare to our community. HHC will develop, promote and manage health care facilities, services, and programs with emphasis on comprehensive health care, preventative medicine, and health maintenance, including community education. We are proud of our organization and the many employees who have and will contribute to our reputation of providing excellent health care to individuals regardless of their ability to pay. It is the intent of HHC to employ people who will contribute to the overall success of our organization and to have an atmosphere in which all employees demonstrate an understanding of the importance of HHC’s Mission. We want you to enjoy your work here and fully realize your potential. If you have additional questions or need assistance, please consult your immediate supervisor or the Employee Handbook. The Human Resource department has an “Open Door” policy and welcomes your personnel and benefits questions. Welcome aboard!
Position: Registered Nurse- Clinic Setting
Requirements: Background Check if deemed necessary
The purpose of this position is to provide general nursing care and leadership, working collaboratively with physicians and multidisciplinary team members. The R.N. will promote and restore patient’s health as they provide, delegate, evaluate and coordinate comprehensive professional nursing care through the use of the nursing process for patients of all ages, gender, cultures, and background; provide physical and psycho-social support to patients, friends, and families. This individual may oversee clinical care of other personnel including LPN’s and MA’s.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
(Other duties maybe assigned)
- Assess, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of the Heritage Health Center.
- Provides case management by being a patient advocate, resource and contact person for patients.
- Provides basic education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs.
- Performs assessment data collection and documents subjective data (chief complaint and allergies) and objective data (vital signs/weight/etc.). Reviews basic health history information for patients; focusing on environmental, self-care and clinic discharge planning.
- Administers medications and intravenous solutions skillfully and correctly, and performs lab/diagnostic testing as ordered by provider and reports all critical lab values immediately.
- Demonstrates an ability to remain calm, perform effectively and professionally during peak periods of activity and emergency situations.
- Anticipates and prepares examination room with equipment and supplies required for the visit.
- Assists provider with examinations and procedures per provider request.
- Utilizes universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.) and in delivery of patient care. Performs lab testing (i.e. urine dip, pregnancy test, strep screen, hemacue) including quality controls and maintains all laboratory/diagnostic test logs.
- Completes case management duties as needed and required.
- Acts in a professional manner, reflecting the mission of the Community Health Center and demonstrates compliance with all policy, procedures and federal/state regulations.
- Demonstrates ongoing service excellence skills.
- Maintains economical and efficient nursing care in a clean and safe environment.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as requested.
- Demonstrates ongoing understanding of corporate compliance policy.
- Participates in meetings, conferences, and demonstrates genuine desire to develop strategies for improved clinic operations and a high level of patient care.
- Evaluates the performance of team members as requested for performance appraisals.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently perform job duties as outlined in the job description.
- Demonstrates and supports service excellence standards outlined in the Employee Policies.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
- Demonstrates compliance with patient confidentiality 100% of the time
1. Current RN License recognized by the State of Wyoming Board of Nursing.
2. Knowledge of nursing care in accordance with regulations and practices established by the Wyoming Board of Nursing.
3. Consistent demonstration of a team approach to care.
4. Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and orally.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers and other office equipment. The position requires the physical ability to kneel, bend and perform medium lifting up to 50lbs. The person might also need to assist patients in and out of exam rooms. This person must have the ability to write and speak clearly using the English language to convey information and be able to hear at normal speaking levels both in person and over the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Generally, the working conditions are good with little or no exposure to extremes in health, safety hazards and/or hazardous materials. Though work is normally performed in an office setting, this person must have the ability to travel as required to work with staff and clients, meet with consultants, and to participate in conferences.
Definitions for OSHA working environment are:
Category I Involves routine exposure to blood or body fluids,
Category II – Involves possible exposure to blood or body fluids,
Category III – Involves no exposure.
OSHA category for this position is Category I.
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer & Chief Medical Officer
CATEGORY: Full-Time, Exempt
OFFICE LOCATION: Powell, WY
JOB DESCRIPTION EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2016
Job Type: Part-time
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- One location
- Non Profit
- Not listed / Other