Sheridan, WyomingPAY RANGE AND CLASSIFICATION
$91,420 to $127,990REPORTS TO
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)EMIT
EMIT Technologies is a unique leader in the global natural gas industry as the only fully-integrated and single-source equipment manufacturer for packagers and end-user companies.
Based in Sheridan, Wyoming with employees in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Colorado, EMIT employees continue to grow the company at a rapid pace, setting benchmarks for creativity and productivity. At EMIT, we work hard and we train harder. We never give up, and we never give in. We win, or we learn, and most importantly, we pride ourselves in always delivering at a high level for our customers and our EMIT family. Put simply, we Get. Stuff. Done.
If you have what it takes to Get. Stuff. Done., and would like to join the family of one of the hardest working companies you’ll ever be a part of, you’ll be rewarded with not only being an industry leader, but with competitive pay, and an ever-expanding benefits package second-to-none.
The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and financial management techniques appropriate within the industry.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Enhance and /or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operations and efficiency of the business.
- Maintain Great Plains software and ensure proper and consistent use of the system and associated management reporting
- Drive responsible cost control through the business
- Prepare, review, approve and issue the monthly financial statements and internal and external management performance reports including financial reviews and recommendations.
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives that have financial aspects.
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercise/reports.
- Oversee and manage the company’s AP, AR and purchasing functions.
- Ensure all financial accounts are reconciled on a routine basis.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Develop and manage accounting staff
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets and formal capital management.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Act as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Company may enter.
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Other projects as assigned by the CEO/President.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration required; Major in accounting or finance preferred
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience
- Experience working with information technology staff to implement and manage finance and accounting software packages
- Skills/Specialties include financial reporting, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, strong analytical orientation and willingness to work hard to help drive the Company’s success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high growth environment
- Experience at a small company and/or a start-up is a plus - Entrepreneurial mindset
What You’ll Earn
- Exempt, $91,420 to $127,990/DOE
- Medical Insurance
- Alternative Group Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) Plan
- Competitive Pay
- Quarterly and Annual Performance Bonuses
- Unlimited Paid-Time Off (PTO)
- Get Out of Debt (G.O.O.D. Benefit) (Student loan/mortgage payment match)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Professional Certification/Continuing Education Assistance
- Paid Holidays
- Dependent Scholarships
- Daycare Assistance
- Referral Bonuses
- Wireless Service Discount
EMIT Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At EMIT, we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.