The Sheridan County School District No. 2 Administrative Office is seeking a positive and dependable person to join our Business Office team! This position is year round (260 days/year); eligible for health, dental, vision and life insurance; contributes to the Wyoming Retirement System Employee Pension; and will receive 47 days of paid leave, per year. Paid leave consists of 19 holidays, 12 vacation days, 4 personal days, and 12 sick days.
High school diploma with coursework in finance, business or accounting, or related comparable experience. Experience working with payroll and/or benefits desirable. Associates degree strongly preferred.
REPORTS TO: Business Manager/Payroll Specialist
Ensure accurate and timely payments to third party vendors associated with employee benefit plans. Assist with processing payroll, balancing and monitoring payroll and employee leave transactions, verifying payroll interface with the General Ledger system, and preparing all required reports. Administer the District’s substitute calling and time management program.
1. Serves as the administrator of the District’s substitute and time management software, including but not limited to implementation of system changes, system maintenance, substitute and time management training, technical support, and troubleshooting all other related issues.
2. Enters new hire information and employment status changes for current employees, reviews employee entrees to ensure accurate payroll deductions, and reconciles payroll liability accounts with the General Ledger.
3. Reviews bills for accuracy and processes payments to third party vendors associated with employee benefit plans.
4. Identifies, recommends and implements opportunities to increase accuracy, reduce costs and streamline procedures and operations relating to the Business Office. Prepares accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by third party payees and State and Federal agencies.
5. Maintains personnel files for payroll/benefits.
6. Responds to inquiries from employees and third party vendors regarding payroll and benefit related procedures.
7. Prepares, maintains, and analyzes payroll and benefit related databases, reports, and statements as requested by the Payroll Specialist and/or Business Manager.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the Payroll Specialist and/or Business Manager.
9. Acts as a liaison to district staff, students, and the community.
10. Cross trains to fill in during staff absences.
1. Upper body strength to lift up to 25 pounds and carry more than 50 feet throughout the work day.
2. Lower body strength to stand and walk throughout the day.
3. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
4. Visual acuity and stamina to work at a computer monitor throughout the work day.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment relationship with the District is at will and of indefinite duration; twelve months with vacations as per District Policy. Eight hours per day; salary and fringe benefits to be set by the Board of Trustees.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. Sheridan County School District No. 2 actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.