ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.JOB SUMMARY
Service excellence and a culture of kindness are priorities for Sheridan Memorial Hospital. The Patient Access Registrar is responsible for providing a 5-star patient experience and supporting Sheridan Memorial Hospital’s Revenue Cycle Tam through efficient collection and verification of demographic and insurance information while providing a welcoming environment to all patients and their guests who arrive for care.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates a positive impression for each patient, family member, visitor or staff while performing the tasks of preregistering, registering, routing or escorting patients, family or visitors.
- Accurately gathers necessary demographic, emergency and insurance information for preregistration/registration on all patients.
- Performs courteous and professional telephone techniques and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain rapport with patients, physicians, and hospital staff, promoting excellent customer service in every interaction.
- Conducts all activities with knowledge and understanding of Sheridan Memorial Hospital's mission and values, regulatory compliance requirements, payer requirements, EMTALA, HIPAA privacy and security requirements, the overall revenue cycle procedures and the hospital's policies.
- Explains consent forms, Patient Rights forms, and other hospital documentation as needed and obtains signatures on the forms and responds to all questions in a professional, non-judgmental manner.
- Performs the necessary financial clearance processes, i.e. eligibility, address and insurance verification with professional and excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the EMR, correctly scans documentation and alerts appropriate personnel of incorrect documentation.
- Maintains a professional atmosphere for patients, family members and staff.
- Proactively seeks solutions to address patient issues and concerns. Offers assistance without being prompted and takes initiative to perform other tasks during slow times. ï‚· Actively participates in performance improvement.
- Escorts patients, family, caregivers and guests as necessary and provide physical assistance to patients who require additional assistance.
- Conducts limited cashiering duties to include receipt of patient payments, processing petty cash reimbursements and providing staff and guests with change.
- Communicates with referring provider’s office, clinical department(s) and/or appropriate personnel to exchange necessary information to provide and receive reimbursement for services.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum six months’ customer service experience.
- Knowledge of Insurances and Healthcare Billing, preferred
- Ability to work any day of the week, including holidays, to accommodate customer service needs.
- Keyboarding, filing, office procedure classes and/or experience preferred.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.