Department: Finance - Central Administration
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Finance Manager, CEO, or designee
Amount of Travel Required: None
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: Generally this position works Monday - Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with a 1 hour designated lunch break
The Accounting Specialist performs accounting and bookkeeping functions as directed by the CEO, Finance Manager, or designee, with emphasis on grant management, managing Finance Procedures Manual, Unclaimed Property Reporting to the State of Wyoming, City/County Funding Contracts and renewals, coordinating and maintaining agency inventory control process, and Contract updates and renewals.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Perform delegated accounting functions under the direction of the Finance Manager, CEO, or designee.
- Monitor Grants billing and receivables. Compile monthly backups for grants billing. Track time management of services via reporting from EMR.
- Monitor and manage accounts turned to Wyoming Unclaimed Property.
- Initiate and maintain inventory control Asset Listing.
- Manage City/County Funding Contracts and renewals. Process quarterly reports for City/County funding and send out to appropriate office.
- Track and manage contracts for leases, rentals, schools, programs associated specifically to Finance, especially Netsmart Contracts. Work in conjunction with IT Manager on additional software contracts especially for budgeting purposes.
- Complete annual Compliance reporting for credit card machines.
- Manage and maintain Finance Procedure Manual.
- Assist Accounts Receivable Specialist with refunding process.
- Administer Apartment financial tracking of payments received and deposits.
- Provide backup to AR Specialist for Qualis processing.
- Provide backup for daily reports to be pulled and processed for billing purposes.
- Provide AP backup processing payables, QOL and Shadow Billing to the State, Record deposits in Quickbooks and reconcile with spreadsheets. Assist with lease tracking and updates.
- Assist Finance Manager in assuring all records are maintained and in proper order for audit purposes.
- Process return mail received by accounting department, coordinating responsive actions with Accounts Receivable Specialist.
- Participate in accounting department cross-training.
- Remain abreast of any work process modifications that may be necessary to assure efficient flow of work, making recommendations to Finance Manager as appropriate.
- Assure all contacts with clients, the public, insurance agencies, and staff are handled in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to tolerate stress and effectively deal with changes in system designs or operational modifications.
- Create and maintain positive work relationships with staff and supervisors.
- Effectively and efficiently utilize time management skills in the performance of duties.
- Conduct all tasks in compliance with agency and professional ethical standards.
- Perform specialized duties and projects as assigned by the Finance Manager, CEO, or designee.
- Complete all assigned Relias Learning courses in the designated time frames.
- Maintain confidentiality in all interactions related to the agency, i.e., records or client related information.
- Demonstrate flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the agency and workflow of the accounting department.
- Assure availability to actively participate in staff meetings and other meetings as directed.
- Attend and participate in any scheduled supervision or performance evaluation process.
- Assure the application of and adherence to all safety standards and requirements by the agency.
- Understand and apply the principles of diversity in all interactions with office personnel, clients, and the general public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Experience: 5 plus years of experience in accounting or full charge bookkeeping
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, including Word and Excel, and be willing to learn new applications as they relate to the work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday