ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
This is a temporary position, approximately January 1st thru May 31st, 2020
The person in this position is responsible for the office’s daily activities and projects, making appointments for patients following medical practice procedures. All forms of communication to the office will be given prompt, courteous, and professional attention. Visitors will be greeted and/or assisted in the same manner. Employees in this position will insure that patient information is obtained and accurately updated in the hospital’s electronic medical record (EMR), insurance is verified at every registration, and co-pays and payments are collected and accurately posted. Information will be available so patients can be informed of clinic policies, procedures, services and other information as required or requested. Other duties include providing clerical support needed to complete coding and billing of procedures by providers.
- Monitors the current status of the work for supervisor.
- Schedules appointments for patients either by phone or in person after an office visit.
- Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls. Routes calls appropriately, offering voice mail or redirection of calls as needed.
- Collects copays as required.
- Obtains, verifies, and updates patient information and provides support services to patients and medical staff.
- Uses manual/computerized system to match physician/clinician availability with patient’s preferences in terms of date and time.
- Maintains scheduling system so records are accurate and complete and can be used to analyze patient/staffing patterns. Provides daily schedules to physicians /clinicians or medical assistants prior to each day’s visits.
- Promotes and participates in the implementation, maintenance, and continuous evaluation of EMR.
- Secures all required documentation (i.e. insurance information, consents and releases are completed and filed, requests sent for additional information from other agencies as needed).
- Documents are appropriately attached (scanned, filed, and distributed as necessary) to patient charts.
- Ensures that updates (e.g., cancellations or additions) are input daily into master schedule.
- Communicates as needed with providers/clinicians and other staff about any patient concerns/issues related to scheduling.
- Composes correspondence and disseminates to appropriate individuals.
- Uses customer service principles and techniques to deal with patients calmly and pleasantly.
- Prepares various documents and handles confidential matters in accordance with clinic rules and procedures.
- Greets visitors and assists them as appropriate. Directs visitors to appropriate waiting areas and appropriately and courteously screens solicitors for relevance to organization needs.
- Requests, locates, sends, and receives patient medical records.
- Maintains files and assists in establishing office systems.
- Maintain office cleanliness with assigned daily cleaning.
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), required.
- Medical terminology preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both reading and writing.
- Multi-line telephone knowledge.
- Computer knowledge.
- Ability to operate designated equipment as specified included computer keyboarding.
- Basic clerical training, including basic filing procedures (both numerically and alphabetically).
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Basic knowledge of medical record content and sequence.
- Ability to function independently with minimal direction.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.