ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Under the direct supervision of the Nutritional Services Manager, the baker will prepare and oversee all baking for the Cafeteria, Room Service, Sidewalk Café and Catering.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Determines types and quantities to be prepared by reviewing catering orders and production sheets.
- Consults Clinical Dietitian on modified patient Room Service diets, as necessary.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes using multiple pieces of equipment.
- Monitors all baking processes and makes necessary adjustments.
- Implement products by following recipes.
- Create new recipes and file for other employees to use so as to maintain consistency.
- Order baking supplies.
- Decorate and Plate various desserts.
- Serve desserts in the cafeteria.
- Keep baking area and equipment clean and organized.
- Work according to tight production schedules.
- The ability to be well organized and work with minimal supervision.
- Lead by example and maintain training of other employees.
- Observes infection control practices at all times.
- Accurately maintains cooking, temperature and cleaning logs on a daily basis.
- Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), required.
- Previous experience in hospital food preparation, preferred.
- Successful completion of ServSafe exam, preferred
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.