ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Under general supervision, assists in the delivery of patient care/treatment and provides clerical and administrative support. Works collaboratively with the Physician, Non-Physician Provider, RN, LPN, and other departmental personnel to meet the physical, psychosocial, educational, and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
- Willingly performs other related duties as assigned or requested including admissions and unit clerk functions, after training, to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Interviewing patients or their representative, to obtain personal information or verify information already on file, including emergency numbers and insurance information.
- Generating appropriate paperwork on each admission type and in accordance with the requirements of the various ancillary departments
- Accepting patients for hospital service, both on an in-patient and outpatient basis. Insures that appropriate physician documentation is obtained prior to processing patients.
- Obtaining signatures on Conditions of Admission and initiating the advance directive process, updates status of patient’s advance directives.
- Providing information to the patient/representative about billing, complaint process, patient rights and visiting hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- May perform drug and alcohol testing as needed. (Patient Care, Testing, Additional duties for occupational health)
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required.
- Six (6) months experience in a medical field required OR an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- BLS certification required.
- Additional certifications may be required based on unit assignment.
Department Specific Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- Medical terminology course, preferred.
- Graduate of a formal medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and Certified or Registered Medical Assistant.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.