ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Willingly performs other related duties as assigned or requested including admissions and unit clerk functions, after training, to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Interviewing patients or their representative, to obtain personal information or verify information already on file, including emergency numbers and insurance information.
- Generating appropriate paperwork on each admission type and in accordance with the requirements of the various ancillary departments
- Accepting patients for hospital service, both on an in-patient and outpatient basis. Insures that appropriate physician documentation is obtained prior to processing patients.
- Obtaining signatures on Conditions of Admission and initiating the advance directive process, updates status of patient’s advance directives.
- Providing information to the patient/representative about billing, complaint process, patient rights and visiting hours.
- Distributes hospital specific literature.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel.
- Orders non-stock supplies through the Material Management computer system.
- Performs proper telephone etiquette. If transferring a telephone call, announces the caller and briefly explains the situation before ending the transfer.
- Attends and actively participates in departmental staff meetings.
- Completes all mandatory education; participates in continuing education activities within the department and organization.
- Restocks items daily in each room and at the nurse’s station.
- Keeps up to date with clinical practice and evidence-based practice guidelines
- Stays abreast of organizational policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required.
- Current unrestricted Wyoming Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) License required.
- BLS certification required.
- Minimum six months’ related work experience, preferred.
- Additional certifications may be required based on unit assignment.
Department Specific Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Additional languages desirable
- Basic computer knowledge
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.