ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for maintaining the Computer Inventory Control System for the entire facility. Responsible for verifying all Inventory Reports, correcting errors after researching the source of the error, and auditing inventory transactions in Purchasing, Receiving and the Storeroom. Responsible for maintaining PAR levels in all departments.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the Computer Inventory Control System in a timely and efficient manner.
- Corrects transaction errors after researching the error to find its source.
- Audits inventory transactions in Purchasing, Receiving and the Storeroom.
- Performs periodic inventories to demonstrate the accuracy of the system in place.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the overall functions of the Materiels Management Department.
- Requires minimal supervision in performance of job duties.
- Completes duties in a time efficient manner.
- Understands how to prioritize responsibilities to ensure completion of duties.
- Helps to complete tasks in the materiels function that are not within job description.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; accepts adjustments when necessary.
- Is a self-starter; meets responsibilities without prompting.
- Demonstrates the values of team concept on a consistent basis.
- Delivers supplies and equipment to the user departments in an efficient and timely manner.
- Receives and fills all supply requisitions, from departments, that are not replenished by the PAR System.
- Interfaces directly with staff members of the user departments to determine the need for additions or deletions to the PAR Level Replenishment System for their department.
- Maintains all areas of materials storage in a neat and organized manner. All supplies are taken out of the original shipping box for storage.
- Restocks utilizing proper rotation, organization, identification, documentation and proper location of stock items.
- Properly handles and stores sterile items to maintain sterility.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately to the Materiels Management Manager and co-workers.
- Delivers all items promptly, within requested time frame.
- Is polite and courteous to patients and visitors. Gives direction to facility locations as requested.
- Refers complaints to department manager if the problem cannot be resolved immediately.
- Responds to requests from facility departments, clinic, in a timely, positive and friendly manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Receives all materials delivered to the facility by various vendors.
- Properly disburses all materials to various locations in the Materiels Department and facility.
- Checks all documents for accuracy prior to the processing of packing slips, etc.
- Forwards information pertaining to critical back-order situations to the Materiels Management Manager or to the Purchasing Agent.
- Prepares items for return shipment in conjunction with the user department.
- Performs any duties as assigned by the Materiels Management Manager.
- Renders self-available when responsibilities have been met to assist in areas that may require assistance within the materiels function.
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Support Services Department.
- Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators and stairways in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
- Insures assigned areas are adequately stocked with cleaning supplies, paper products, and other essential items required to keep all areas functioning.
- Performs cleaning and maintenance of all floors: carpet, tile, brick and concrete flooring.
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner/prioritizing work assignments.
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals, supplies and cleaning techniques according to procedure and manufacturers’ recommendation.
- Assists visitors with directions whenever requested.
- Is trained/cross trained in all areas of the facility to ensure ability to meet workload requirements when staffing shortages and/or vacations reduce staff levels.
- Always introduces self to patients, families and visitors.
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
- Replenishes supplies; notifies Manager when supplies need to be ordered.
- Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
- Works day, evening or night shift as assigned.
- Ability to do work on his/her own with normal supervision.
- Observes safety precautions at all times.
Disclaimer: The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed within this position.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year experience with an inventory control system.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- NVCI training preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.