This experie nced loan originator is responsible for the health and growth of residential real estate mortgage production within their local market. This is a producing sales management position that will source their own book of mortgage business while providing leadership and guidance to the other production staff within their market.
They are responsible for setting and achieving production growth targets and ensuring high quality, compliant loan production, while delivering strong financial performance from the market. Strong communication and partnership with our bank management and lending partners at each branch in the market is critical, as well as assisting the team in building strong referral partner relationships. This role is responsible for successful business development within the market and with assistance from the Regional Mortgage Manager, facilitates all staffing activities related to the sales team, including recruiting, training and development and performance evaluation and monitoring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Originate home mortgage loans to meet market goals, in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring high quality and compliant loan originations, relative to government, regulatory and investor requirements
- Grow originations through business development activities in assigned market to capture or grow market share
- Work with sales management personnel to facilitate sales force staffing activities within the market for Mortgage Loan Originators, including recruiting, training, coaching, development, performance evaluation and disciplinary action
- Forecasting individual MLO volumes, setting targets and working with MLOs to reach established goals or growth expectations
- Oversee and track the department’s marketing efforts within the local market
- Work within parameters established by Divisional and Regional leadership to maintain healthy margins through intelligent pricing, capturing efficiencies and monitoring of local profitability
- Providing leadership and guidance to the sales team in all respects
- Provide excellent communication and cooperation with local branch partners to foster a strong dual membership environment for MLOs within their local branch teams
- Serve as an escalation point for customer service issues arising from production related activities within your market
T o perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION &/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university and five years related mortgage lending experience along with a thorough knowledge of secondary market real estate lending ; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The ideal candidate will have extensive sales experience and success in the home loan origination space. Supervisory experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to be a team player and work well with other teams. Proficiency with Windows XP, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
Valid driver’s license is required.
As a condition of employment, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment screening against the Limited Denial of Participation (LDP), GSA Excluded Party List System (EPLS) and Freddie Mac Exclusionary List.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to inspect property taken as collateral, including properties under construction and ability to negotiate through/around construction work zones, climb a ladder or steps, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position will be involved in some travel that will be primarily focused in Montana. In-state and out-of-state travel may occur to perform job and to obtain and/or enhance knowledge and skills.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you are a current FIB employee, please apply through the Career Worklet in the Empl oyee Portal .