Position is off-campus at 211 Smith St. at The Hub on Smith.
Day Break is a social based adult day service. Day Break provides support and assistance to dependent adults. This is a fun filled job with opportunities to help others one on one and in a group setting. Our team strives to enable our participant’s success while fostering a healthy and enjoyable experience, Fun awaits, come join our team
Reports To Terri Hayden
- Good Conduct and Academic Standing with the college
- Sheridan College Student currently enrolled
- Cumulative GPA is 2.0 or greater
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Completes orientation and on-going training as directed
- Maintains confidentiality
- Reports concerns of health and safety regarding an individual or in the program to the supervisor immediately
- Is knowledgeable and complies with Day Break Policies and Procedures
- Works as a cooperative team member with other staff in the area
- Experience working with older adults and people with disabilities helpful
- Regularly observes and assesses clients
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Full range of physical motion required
- Physically assists individual receiving services
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs unassisted
About Northern Wyoming Community College District
Special Instructions to Applicants
Students must qualify for Federal Work Study to be considered for employment.
These are the job duties for required of the position.
Percentage of time 100
- Interacts and leads activities with participants encouraging conversation and participation
- Orients participants to Day Break Program
- Completes documentation per Day Break Policies and Procedures
- As needed, participates in staff and client meetings
- Other duties as assigned.