Provides support to the First Interstate Wealth Management team that includes Trust and Investment services. This individual will primarily assist Trust Specialists , Investment Specialists and Wealth Advisors in the performance of their duties and servicing of their clients. They will also provide support and backup to other members of the Wealth Management team, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following ; other duties may be assigned.
- Supports the account administration process as directed by the Supervisor.
- Contacts and schedules appointments, completing and finalizing call and file documentation and initiates follow-up contacts.
- Working in a team focused environment and needs to be able to balance priorities for the benefits and progress of team objectives and be able to work and be flexible in a changing work environment.
- Initiates contact with existing customers to schedule appointments and to gather information as needed.
- Greets and assists customers in person and by telephone in a professional and responsive manner consistent with First Interstate’s Wealth Management standards and guidelines.
- Processes daily business including, but not limited to, distributions, deposits and documentation.
- Sets up new accounts, maintains and updates existing accounts.
- Maintains and inputs data systems as required in a high quality and timely manner.
- Works on continuing education and regulatory training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2 or more years’ experience.
Experience within Brokerage, Trust or Finance preferred.
Securities Licensed Preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to work well with co-workers. Ability to properly prioritize work load and remain adaptable under pressure. Computer skills essential. Computer experience with Internet, MS Word & MS Excel required. Knowledge of additional applications preferred. Ability to pay attention to detail required, especially in time-sensitive and pressure situations. Looking for a professional, self-driven/motivated, pleasant individual who is committed to ensuring clients always come first.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Will obtain appropriate licensing, if needed.
Securities Licensed Preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you are a current FIB employee, please apply through the Career Worklet in the Empl oyee Portal .