FAR Group is a global defense solution provider based in Virginia, working with the U.S. government and its allies to deliver comprehensive solutions with a focus on effectiveness and security.Through all the strategic business units, FAR Group delivers defense solutions and provides professional services, construction & infrastructure, and security & military products & services.
[Traditional Native American Healer/Practitioner]
· Location: Sheridan, Wyoming
· Schedule: Full-time
FAR Group is seeking an experienced and qualified Traditional Native American Healer/Practitioner to provide Native American traditional healing practices for patients at the Sheridan Veterans Affairs Healthcare System (SVAHCS) in Sheridan, Wyoming. The Traditional Practitioner will be responsible for conducting Sweat Lodges, Talking Circles, Smudges, End of Life Blessings, and attending annual Tribal Veterans Representative Training Events.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct requested Talking Circles, Sweat Lodge Ceremonies, and other Native American Ceremonies for Veteran patients, residents, and outpatients currently being treated at SVAHCS.
- Follow VA provided Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) when performing any ceremony.
- Maintain recognition from the contractor as a recognized traditional ceremonial leader.
- Serve as a consultant for Native American Veterans on Individual Treatment Teams as requested.
- Conduct ceremonies only after being requested and authorized by the specified VA facility Point of Contact.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in Native American traditional healing practices.
- Specific skills: Strong knowledge of Native American traditional healing practices and ceremonies.
- Personal characteristics: Compassionate, empathetic, and respectful towards patients and their culture.
- Certifications: N/A
- Licenses: N/A
- Physical abilities: Must be able to physically perform the duties of the job, including carrying and setting up equipment for ceremonies.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sheridan, WY 82801: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Tutoring: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person