ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.JOB SUMMARY:
The Lean Transformation Facilitator is responsible for supporting the Lean transformation initiative and daily management by ensuring strategies are implemented and principles and practices are incorporated in the processes under transformation. Possesses high competency of Lean tools and techniques; mentors, coaches and educates in the use of Lean methodology, tools and techniques to ensure timely completion of projects and expected results. Works collaboratively with process owners.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supports Value Stream initiatives in implementing Lean transformation and daily management across the value stream including:
- Implementing tactical strategies to achieve desired vision;
- Executing against long and short-term objectives supporting value stream goals;
- Working with process owner and team members to identify, address, and eliminate process related obstacles;
- Assisting in systems/process change as required in support of Lean initiative;
- Assisting in identifying on-going training needs;
- Supporting communication of the direction of Lean transformation and daily management initiatives to employees;
- Utilizing change management model, drive the Lean culture transformation for the Value Stream;
- Ensure high levels of engagement for all Value Stream efforts.
- Acting as a change agent to bring about improvements in processes through the active support of, participation, and leading Rapid Improvement Events (RIE), including:
- Owning pre-and post-standard work, including team’s A3 journey;
- Coordinating logistics for all Lean events, projects, and “just do-it’s”; facilitates/co-facilitates throughout the process;
- Participating in gemba walks and coaching employees and leaders on continuous improvement, standard work development/modification/adherence, flow, takt time attainment, problem solving abnormalities causing takt misses;
- Providing necessary training specific to Lean transformation tools and methodology (under the guidance of Director, Lean Transformation);
- Updating and maintaining visual performance tools, including mission control and Management for Daily Improvement (MDI) boards;
- Following up on action plans;
- Assisting all teams as needed to ensure improvements are made and sustained.
- Executes key activities as part of Lean transformation and daily management including:
- Conducting value stream analyses;
- Conducting cycle time analyses, time studies, line balance improvements, work place analysis and improvement;
- Creating and implementing standard work; teach/coaching leaders to do the same;
- Implementing/coaching the use of control boards and other visual management tools;
- Assisting operations in problem solving;
- Resolving issues after RIEs to achieve desired state.
- Tracks all changes/improvements made to provide Leadership the assurance that changes are effective and lasting, including:
- Examining and evaluating the areas after improvements are implemented;
- Posting/updating results to Mission Control Center boards;
- Reviewing new procedures/controls and appraising the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and working with Director, Lean Transformation, process owners, department managers and supervisors to resolve any issues that might arise during implementation and/or maintenance phases;
- Monitor and report on key metrics.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare related field required; equivalent experience/education or training will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Lean Transformation experience preferred.
- Six Sigma/LEAN certification preferred.
- Project management or team facilitation experience is desirable.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.