This position is in Sheridan, WY. Relocation assistance and a $15,000 Sign-On Bonus is offered for this position.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- All in-hospital services are discounted 40%
- Retirement Options with a company match up to 6%
- Free access to employee-only gym open 24/7
- Tuition Reimbursement
Provides direct and indirect professional nursing care for patients in the Intensive Care Unit. May work in other units as oriented/assigned. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring. Correctly identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based upon ACLS protocol.
- Able to provide basic airway management utilizing oral and nasal airways, ambu bag, jaw thrust or head tilt/chin lift maneuvers, and suctioning.
- Functions competently during cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Provides care to patients with compromised nutritional/metabolic status.
- Provides care to patients requiring extensive fluid and electrolyte management.
- Able to assess and care for patients in the immediate post anesthesia period.
- Able to function independently by using critical thinking skills to assess and intervene in critical situations until physician is on site.
- Assists with orientation of new employees to the ICU.
- Maintains department competencies.
- Disclaimer: The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed
- within this position.
Qualifications: Education / Experience / Licenses and Certifications
- Current unrestricted Wyoming Registered Nurse Licensure.
- 2+ years of Cardiac Experience
- BLS certification, required.
- Preferred baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- ACLS certification required within one year of position start date.
- ENPC or PALS certification preferred, or willing to obtain within one year of start date.
- TNCC certification, strongly preferred.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals/specimens and Latex products.
Indeed Hire and Sheridan Memorial Hospital are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cardiac : 2 years (Required)
- BLS (Required)
- ACLS (Required)
- TNCC (Preferred)
- ENPC or PALS (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse Licensure (Required)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (Preferred)