ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.JOB SUMMARY
The CNA/Unit Coordinator (CNA/UC) provides organizational and administrative support to patient care units and the healthcare team under the direction and supervision of the Nursing Team Leader or other Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit as well as fulfilling the role of CNA, as assigned. The CNA/UC helps to monitor and facilitate activities at the unit nursing station and performs tasks necessary to maintain proper flow of patient care and related documentation. The CNA/UC supports the healthcare team by anticipating and responding to team requests and patient needs. The CNA/UC implements directions form the nursing staff and physicians assisting with direct and indirect patient care; assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to patients and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. The CNA/UC carries out all aspects of the position using good judgment, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills. The CNA/UC acts as receptionist and must be able to remain professional with a positive attitude under stressful conditions with multiple demands.
- Records all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner; using only authorized abbreviations established by this organization.
- Cooperates with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the patients.
- Meets with shift nursing personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
- Follows unit/department procedures for timely notifying the facility of absence or late arrival is expected.
- Participates in and receives nursing report upon reporting for duty.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required.
- Current unrestricted Wyoming Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) License required.
- BLS certification required.
- Minimum six months’ related work experience.
- Additional certifications may be required based on unit assignment.
- Continuing Education per Wyoming State Board of Nursing licensure/certification requirements.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.