For the Materials Management team, accurate accounting of supplies is a priority when striving to meet the equipment and supply needs and goals of all of our customers. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for accurate receiving and shipping of supplies as well as forwarding all necessary paperwork to the Finance Department. The Clerk is knowledgeable in the Materials Management process and provides quality service in a safe, timely, courteous and cost effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Verifies accuracy of incoming freight, supplies and equipment.
- Documents deliveries, overages, shorts, damages, and any other discrepancies on packing list and in computer.
- Ensures proper handling of materials and supplies to prevent damage and/or loss.
- Routes materials and supplies to the proper department, facility or individual.
- Maintains necessary files to properly account for all materials received and distributed.
- Assists the purchasing, accounts payable, and inventory control personnel in the resolution and/or reconciliation of receiving errors.
- Processes all receipts daily.
- Matches daily “no-PO receipt” documents.
- Keeps the dock clean and free of clutter.
- Maintains dock equipment and facilities.
- Coordinates with other departments and facilities for the delivery of large and bulky items.
- Is familiar with C-12 purchasing policy.
- Processes outgoing UPS and Federal Express shipments for daily pick up. Runs appropriate closing procedures for these machines, and from this process obtains the invoices for the day's shipments and obtains appropriate signatures for delivery to accounts payable.
- Maintains records of all outgoing shipments for each company for six months.
- Processes appropriate bills of lading for outgoing Common Carrier pick-ups.
- Maintains access to storeroom to pull and deliver supplies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.