Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
This position will perform support, maintenance, and administration of the State of Wyoming Enterprise Network and the Wyoming Equality Network (WEN).
Human Resource Contact: 307-214-5835ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Performs management, maintenance, and administration of the Enterprise Firewall services, Enterprise VPN services, Enterprise Intrusion Detection systems, and Enterprise Network Vulnerability Assessment systems.
- Analyzes existing network systems to determine current and future needs with regard to acquiring or implementing new systems or services across the enterprise network infrastructure.
- Performs network engineering and consulting duties both internally and externally with other State agencies, School Districts, and vendors.
- Monitors and support all state network security devices located throughout the State of Wyoming.
Preference may be given to those with experience in Checkpoint Firewall Administration.
Preference may be given to those with experience in supporting and monitoring wide area networks.
Preference may be given to those with experience in the installation, modification, or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration changes that impact network infrastructures.
Preference may be given to those with experience in configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of Firewalls, IPS, App control, and security monitoring.
- Skills in analysis of complex network systems, problem identification, and solution design.
- Skills in research and testing of alternative, proprietary, or custom solutions.
- Knowledge of IP network engineering and design.
- Knowledge of networking hardware used in the State's enterprise network infrastructure.
- Understanding of the principles, practices, and techniques of network security and architecture.
- Ability to work independently and with guidance as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly and apply them to current work.
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical persons efficiently.
Bachelor's Degree (typically in Computer Technology)
1-2 years of progressive work experience in Systems and Infrastructure with acquired knowledge at the level of a Systems Technologist III
Education & Experience Substitution:
4-6 years of progressive work experience in Systems and Infrastructure with acquired knowledge at the level of a Systems Technologist III
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Rotational On-Call requirements
- Some travel with overnights
- Frequent work on nights & weekends
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Successful candidate must pass a background check.
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
077-ETS - Information Technology
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.